Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Happy Diwali

Wishing everyone a very happy Diwali glowing with peace, joy and prosperity!



A small Diwali Puja in my humble abode





Festivals always remind you of home. Living alone in "No Man's Land" has definitely taught me that. Even though the days when I used to celebrate Diwali in India are long gone, but still Diwali celebration at my parents' house (in south Germany) is still more special than having a small Puja at my place and with pudding as offering (chocolate pudding, a small comfort). 
I talked to Amma and told her that I had a small Puja with Anuradha Paudwal's Om Jai Jagdish blaring from YouTube as Aarti. Hearing her make Payasam and Suji ka Halwa made my mouth water. Wish I was at home gorging all those savories. Missing the Puja I do at home with proper diyas instead of candles with kukum, vibudhi and a proper Aarti.

Speaking of Food, I have been getting a high from Nags, Siri's, Priya's and Sangeetha's Diwali Savories Blog-o-thon. Loving all the lovely recipes they are posting and the food photographs are so wonderful, that they make my mouth water just looking at them. My mom is a wonderful cook and she has made all these wonderful snacks and sweets which are typical for Diwali. Unfortunately she forgot to pass on the cooking gene, so I'm happy with having pudding and pasta. 

Wishing these wonderful cooks a very happy diwali. May this festival of lights be festival of joy for you and your family :)

As of recent I have started reading quite a lot on Mommy  Blogs. I don't know why, but I have been having a lot of fun reading them. Though no where near to being a mommy any time soon, I still want to take this opportunity and wish Kiran, Parul, Boo (didi) also a very happy diwali. May your Diwali be a celebration of beautiful colors and many sparkles.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Dia
    Wishing U a very Happy Diwali, hope u enjoying the festival with ur family & friends :)
    Thank U so much for the special mention n adding my link...loved ur write up too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for mentioning me dear..Wud like to knw more abt u... I liked the phrase 'caught btw the cultures'

    ReplyDelete